EZRentOut enables you to effectively manage Point of Sale in your shop by making the ordering process faster. When you add an order, it is populated by default values (see Settings) and you can click anywhere to change them. For charging payments, you can use our Credit Card Swipe or PayPal integration. Continue reading
One of the coolest features introduced in our September release is Order Verification. When renting out an order this feature can serve as a checklist to ensure that all items are physically present. Similarly when returning an order, this tool comes in handy to warrant that all items are physically returned and none are lost. Continue reading
EZRentOut enables you to create and edit labels using the Label Designer. To access this, go to More → Print Label Templates.
Here, you can edit or delete older templates by clicking the relevant icons in the last column. You can also create a new template by clicking on ‘Add Print Label Template’. This can be done for both items and bundles.
Before we get into that, let’s see what the Label Designer does:
- State of the art, drag-and-drop based designer. Just grab the data box and move it to the canvas below.
- The choice of inserting QRCodes, Barcodes or both on the label to use with our mobile device based scanning feature.
- All of an asset’s pre-defined fields can be printed on the asset label.
- Similarly, all custom attributes (text, date, paragraph) are available for printing on the asset label.
- Apply rich formatting to data fields (by double-clicking on the field’s data box)
- Insert free form text and easily apply styles like fonts, alignment, size, and rotation.
- Ability to insert your company logo into the label.
- QR Code vs. Barcode
You may be wondering whether it’s better to use Barcodes or QR Codes for labeling assets. It all depends on the kind of functionality you want out of your asset labels. Below, we’ll take you through some of the trade-offs and best practices associated with both!
- Have been widely used for some time.
- Contain an alpha-numeric sequence.
- Most assets come with manufacturer-issued Barcodes.
- A modern successor that is becoming increasingly popular.
- Greater data storage capacity, and support for multiple data types.
- Quick and reliable scanning for camera-based devices e.g. smartphones and tablets.
EZRentOut recommends using QR Codes. You can use our Label Designer to generate and print QR Code based labels. These contain a secure URL which can be scanned with any mobile scanning app, instantly taking you to the asset’s detail page.
As for barcodes, you can use both pre-existing ones or generate them anew using our Label Designer. To set up your system with barcodes, you’ll need to enter the Barcode’s sequence into the asset’s ‘Asset Identification Number’ (AIN) field. Please note that when using barcodes, asset look-up (via scanning) will only work with EZRentOut’s mobile app. This is why we believe QR codes offer a richer and more flexible solution to your asset labeling woes. You can download any QR Code scanning software for your mobile platform and it’ll integrate perfectly with our cloud-based offering! The difference in usability occurs because unlike a QR Code which contains a complete asset URL, a Barcode is just an alpha-numeric sequence. Therefore, the latter cannot be used to do a search with a third-party mobile app. Continue reading