The order experience in EZRentOut is specifically designed keeping the Point of Sale in mind. This includes quick editing of orders, constant feedback as to what’s available, barcode scanner integration and credit card swipe.
The Credit Card Swipe is available with Stripe, Square, Moneris, Braintree, Paypal, and Authorize.net.
EZRENTOUT SUPPORTS FOLLOWING FEATURES ON STRIPE INTEGRATION
|Payment on Webstore||Payment via Mobile App||Payment via Broadband App||Payment via Customer Portal||Refund Payments||Pre-Authorize|
|Multiple Gateways||Card on File Payments||Automate Recurring Payments||QuickBooks Sync (Desktop and Online)||Xero Sync|
INTEGRATING THE STRIPE ACCOUNT
1) You’ll need a Stripe account to manage Credit Card payments. EZRentOut does not charge any commission/fee on a transaction. (Yes, we don’t want to steal from your share of the pie)
2) Integrate your Stripe account from Your name at top right -> Settings -> Add Ons -> Credit Card Payments with Stripe -> Enable
3) Once you click Enable, you’ll need to enter the Publishable and Secret keys of your Stripe account. These are available on your Stripe account here.
4) Once you’ve entered both the keys, hit the Verify Account button to see if your EZRentOut and Stripe accounts are now successfully connected
5) You may need to change the currency from the drop-down
6) Once you’re all set, scroll down to the end of the settings page to click the Update button and save the settings
SETTING UP THE HARDWARE
If you’re looking to charge your customers remotely i.e. without an in-store credit card swipe, you can skip this section. However if you charge your customers through an in-store credit card swipe, you have two options:
- Use a magnetic reader eg https://www.amazon.com/2xhome-POSMATE-Magnetic-Cashier-Registry/dp/B00E85TH9I
NOTE: The downside of an in-store credit card charge without using an EMV reader is the merchant’s liability exposure i.e. you having to pay for fraud. So if you’re anticipating such issues, this option is not for you.2. (UPDATED 1st June 2017) For EMV credit card reader (and contactless charging), we’re about to release an Android-only enhancement for Square integration, let us know if you’re interested in signing up for the early access. The iOS/iPhone integration will happen later in the year.
SWIPING THE CARDS
1) On order details, with every customer, you’ll see the Credit Card icon. It’s red when there is no card in the record.
2) This is the form that pops open when the red Credit Card icon is clicked. All you need to do on this pop up is swipe the card, and we catch all the details.3) Once the Credit Card is swiped, it’s saved on file and the Credit Card button becomes green4) Now when Charging Payment on this order, you can choose to use the Credit Card 5) You can also choose to use a different card and update the card on file for this customer.
PRE-AUTHORIZE OR HOLD PAYMENTS
Pre-Authorizing a payment is also supported. Say, hold a payment of $5000 and when the payment date arrives, deduct the rental price e.g. $1250 from the pre-authorized amount. You just need to choose ‘Pre-Authorize’ when charging payment.You can then charge or cancel the hold.
NEW WALK-IN CUSTOMER
Add Order -> Add your new customer from the pop-up that appears -> On the order page, hit the Red Credit Card button to swipe a card.
Read More: Accept online payments via Paypal
SHARE YOUR POS EXPERIENCE
We’d love to hear about your EZRentOut experience. Drop us an email at email@example.com. The User Community Forum is a great place to log suggestions and discuss them. We’re also active on Twitter @EZRentOut. Follow us to stay in touch with what we’re up to.