The Order experience in EZRentOut is specifically designed keeping the Point of Sale in mind. This includes quick editing of Orders, constant feedback as to what’s available, barcode scanner integration and credit card swipe.
The Credit Card Swipe is available with Stripe, Square, Moneris, Braintree, Paypal, and Authorize.net.
1. EZRentOut supports following features on Stripe integration
|Payment on Webstore||Payment via Mobile App||Payment via Broadband App||Payment via Customer Portal||Refund Payments||Pre-Authorize|
|Multiple Gateways||Card on File Payments||Automate Recurring Payments||QuickBooks Sync (Desktop and Online)||Xero Sync|
2. Integrating the Stripe account
- You’ll need a Stripe account to manage Credit Card payments. EZRentOut does not charge any commission/fee on a transaction. (Yes, we don’t want to steal from your share of the pie).
- Integrate your Stripe account from Settings → Add Ons → Enable Paymets through Credit Card → Use Stripe.
- Once you click ‘Use Stripe’, you’ll need to enter the Live Publishable and Secret keys of your Stripe account. These are available on your Stripe account here.
- Once you’ve entered both the keys, hit the Verify Account button to see if your EZRentOut and Stripe accounts are now successfully connected.
- You may need to change the currency from the drop-down.
- Once you’re all set, scroll down to the top of the Settings page to click the ‘Update’ button and save the settings.
Note: We have provided the Stripe terminal support by BBPOS WisePOS E. You just have to enable Stripe terminal, connect it with EZRentOut and make POS transactions.
3. Setting up the hardware
If you’re looking to charge your customers remotely i.e. without an in-store credit card swipe, you can skip this section. However, if you charge your customers through an in-store credit card swipe, you have two options:
1. POS Terminal Hardware
You can conveniently connect via the internet or ethernet to Stripe terminal readers from BBPOS WisePOS E. This sophisticated PIN pad has maximum security for safe and secure payments with end-to-end encryption.
For successful POS transactions from BBPOS WisePOS E, click here
2. Use a magnetic reader
Magnetic readers are fully programmable with Windows, Mac, and all versions. A simple plug n play without any installation required.
Note: The downside of an in-store credit card charge without using an EMV reader is the merchant’s liability exposure i.e. you having to pay for fraud. So if you’re anticipating such issues, this option is not for you. Furthermore, it requires close contact with the reader as it doesn’t work in a distance and there is always a risk of data damage due to stray magnetic fields. Therefore, it is not recommended to use a magnetic reader if you have a better option available.
4. Swiping the cards
- On the Order Details page, with every Customer, you’ll see the Credit Card icon.
This is the form that pops open when the Credit Card (not on record) is clicked.
- All you need to do on this pop up is swipe the card, and we catch all the details.
- Once the Credit Card is swiped, it’s saved on file.
- Now when Charging Payment on this order, you can choose to use the Credit Card
- You can also choose to use a different card and update the card on file for this customer.
5. Charging mass payment for multiple Orders
You can charge payment for multiple Orders to the same or different Customers in one go. To do this, do the following:
- Go to the Orders Listing page and multi-select Orders you need to charge payment for.
- Click on ‘Actions’ and select ‘Charge Payment’.
- A dialog box will appear for Order Payments (see image below). Here you can configure details such as Payment Date, preferred Payment Gateway, order payment specifics, and comments.
Note: CC payments can only be charged to Customers with their cards saved on-file.
- Hit ‘Charge Payment’ once done. You should see a ‘Payment Successful’ message next.
However, you should know a couple of tips before you start charging a payment for multiple Orders.
6. Pre-Authorize or hold payments
Pre-Authorizing a payment is also supported. Say, you want to hold an advance payment of $154 and when the payment date arrives, deduct the entire rental price e.g. $429, including the pre-authorized amount. You just need to choose ‘Pre-Authorize’ when charging payment.
You can then charge or cancel the hold.
- If you charge the Pre-Authorized amount, your customer has to pay the remaining $275 via card or cash.
- If you cancel the Pre-Authorized amount, your customer is entitled to pay the entire rental fee of $429 via card or cash.
7. New walk-in Customer
Add Order → Add your new Customer from the pop-up that appears → On the Order Details page, hit the Credit Card button to swipe a card.
Read More: Accept online payments via Paypal
Share your POS experience
We’d love to hear about your EZRentOut experience. Drop us an email at email@example.com. The User Community Forum is a great place to log suggestions and discuss them. We’re also active on Twitter @EZRentOut. Follow us to stay in touch with what we’re up to.