We enable our customers to advertise their rental items online on a customizable web store. Our customers can also manage payments by charging customer credit cards. We aim to give you the best Point of Sale for your rental business using our rental management software.
In order to quickly process online payments through credit card, EZRentOut integrates with Authorize.net, Payflow, Stripe, and Moneris (Beta). This blog will detail how you can charge payments in EZRentOut using Authorize.net.
EZRENTOUT SUPPORTS FOLLOWING FEATURES ON AUTHORIZE.NET INTEGRATION
|Payment on Webstore||Payment via Mobile App||Payment via Broadband App||Payment via Customer Portal||Refund Payments|
|Multiple Gateways||Card on File Payments||Automate Recurring Payments||QuickBooks Sync (Desktop and Online)||Xero Sync|
INTEGRATING THE AUTHORIZE.NET ACCOUNT
1) You’ll need an Authorize.net account to manage Credit Card payments.
Note: EZRentOut does not charge any commission/fee on transactions.
2) Integrate your Authorize.net account from Your Name at top right > Settings > Add Ons > Enable Payments Through Credit Card > Select ‘Use Authorize.net’.
3) Enter the Authorize.Net Login ID & Transaction Key. These are available in your Authorize.net account from Accounts > Settings > Under ‘Security Settings’ section > General Security Settings > Click ‘API Credentials & Keys’. For more information on how to get these keys, click here.
4) Once you’ve entered both the keys, hit the ‘Verify Account’ button to check whether Authorize.net has been successfully connected or not.
5) You can also choose to check the option ‘Keep credit card on file when customer enters details from the customer portal’ (as shown in the image above). This will save the credit card details last provided by customers via customer portal. These details can then be used to charge any future payments. If unchecked, then any credit card information entered through the customer portal will not be kept on file.
Note: If credit card details of a customer are entered by staff or admin user, they are always saved to your merchant gateways’ on-file storage, avoiding the need to re-enter credit card details for subsequent orders. For security reasons, EZRentOut doesn’t record this credit card information in its own database. Instead, EZRentOut creates credit card profiles of customers in Authorize.net and only accesses this credit card information on ‘charge payment’ requests. To check the credit card profiles of customers, log into Authorize.net and go to Tools > Click ‘Customer Information Manager’ in the main left-side menu.
6) Once done, scroll down to the end of the settings page and click ‘Update.’ This will save the settings and successfully connect your EZRentOut account to Authorize.net.
You may receive the following error messages when trying to charge a credit card in EZRentOut through Authorize.net.
1) Customer Information Manager is not enabled
This error is received when the CIM (Customer information management) module in not enabled in your Authorize.net account. To enable this module, sign in to your Authorize.net account and go to Account > Click ‘User Profile’ in the main left-side menu > Verify check against ‘Manage CIM Profiles’ under ‘Transaction Processing Permissions’ section.
2) Transaction has been declined
This message is received when your transaction is submitted from a blocked IP address. To whitelist our IPs in Authorize.net, log into your Authorize.net account and go to Tools > ‘Fraud Detection Suite’ in the main left-side menu > Click ‘Authorized API IP Addresses’ under IP Administration section and add the following two IP addresses (see image below):
To understand some of the error responses received when charging credit cards through Authorize.net, click here to view their reference guide.
SWIPING THE CARDS
Let’s take a look at how charging payment via Authorize.net works in EZRentOut.
1) On the order details page, with every customer you’ll see the Credit Card icon. It’s red when there is no card in the record and green when there is a card on file.
Read More: How orders work in EZRentOut
2) The following is the form that pops-up when you click the red/green Credit Card icon. You can either scan the credit card that allows us to catch all the details or add in the credit card details manually.
3) Once the credit card information is entered, it’s saved on file (in Authorize.net’s database) and the Credit Card icon turns green.
4) Now when charging payment on this order, you can choose to use the Credit Card already on file or use a different card and update the card on file for this customer.
SHARE YOUR RENTAL MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
We’d love to hear about your EZRentOut experience. Drop us an email at email@example.com. The User Community Forum is a great place to log suggestions and discuss them. Check out the features our rental management software covers.