We aim to give you the best Point of Sale for your rental business with EZRentOut. For this reason, EZRentOut Users can easily integrate their Moneris account with their EZRentOut account. They can advertise rental Items online on our customizable Webstore and manage payments by charging Customer via credit cards.
In order to quickly process online payments through credit card, EZRentOut integrates with Moneris (Beta), Payflow, Stripe, and Authorize.net.
This blog will detail how you can charge payments in EZRentOut using Moneris.
Features supported on the Moneris Integration
|Payment on Webstore||Payment via Mobile App||Payment via Broadband App||Payment via Customer Portal||Refund Payments|
|Multiple Gateways||Card on File Payments||Automate Recurring Payments||QuickBooks Sync (Desktop and Online)||Xero Sync|
Integrating your Moneris account
Before you begin, please ensure that you have a Moneris (Beta) account to manage Credit Card payments. Then, you can go to your EZRentOut account to integrate it.
- Go to your EZRentOut Dashboard and from there, to Settings –> Add Ons –> Enable Payments Through Credit Card. Here, select ‘Use Moneris (Beta)’.
- Enter the Moneris Store ID & API Key. More information on how to obtain Store ID and API key can be found here.
- Once you’ve entered both the keys, hit the ‘Verify Account’ button to check whether Authorize.net has been successfully connected or not.
- You can also choose to check the option ‘Keep credit card on file when a Customer enters details from the Customer Portal’. This will save the credit card details last provided by Customers via the Customer Portal. These details can then be used to charge any future payments.
- Once done, scroll down to the end of the settings page and click ‘Update.’ This will save the settings and successfully connect your EZRentOut account to Moneris.
Here are some additional things to note while you’re integrating your Moneris account:
- EZRentOut does not charge any commission/fee on transactions.
- If credit card details of a Customer are entered by Staff or Admin User, they are always saved to your merchant gateways’ on-file storage, avoiding the need to re-enter credit card details for subsequent Orders.
- For security reasons, EZRentOut doesn’t record this credit card information in its own database. Instead, it creates credit card profiles of Customers in the Moneris Vault and only accesses this credit card information on ‘charge payment’ requests.
Swiping the card
Let’s take a look at how charging payment via Moneris works in EZRentOut.
- On the Order details page, with every Customer, you’ll see the Credit Card icon. It’s red when there is no card in the record and green when there is a card on file.
- The following is the form that pops-up when you click the red/green Credit Card icon. You can either swipe the credit card that allows us to catch all the details or add in the credit card details manually.
- Once the credit card information is entered, it’s saved on file (in Moneris’s database) and the Credit Card icon turns green.
- Now when charging payment on this order, you can choose to use the Credit Card already on file or use a different card and update the card on file for this Customer.
Note: EZRentOut integration with Moneris supports credit card swipe with any generic magnetic card reader. However, we do not yet support POS based EMV card readers provided by Moneris.
For more information on magnetic swipe cards and EMV cards, read here.
More on Orders:
Charging mass payments for multiple Orders
You can charge a payment for multiple Orders to the same or different Customers in one go.
For tips on charging payments on multiple Orders, read this post before you begin.
Here is how you charge mass payments for multiple Orders:
- Go to Orders listing page and multi-select Orders you need to charge a payment for.
- Click on ‘Actions’ and select ‘Charge Payments’.
- A dialog box will appear for Order Payments (see image below). Here you can configure details such as payment date, preferred payment gateway, Order payment specifics, and comments. Note: CC payments can only be charged to Customers with their cards saved on-file.
- Hit ‘Charge Payment’ once done. Here’s what you should see next:
Pre-Authorize or Hold Payments
Pre-Authorizing a payment is also supported. Say, you want to hold an advance payment of $275 and when the Payment Date arrives, deduct the entire Rental Price e.g. $429, including the pre-authorized amount. You just need to choose ‘Pre-Authorize’ when charging payment.
You can then charge or cancel the hold.
- If you charge the Pre-Authorized amount, your Customer has to pay the remaining $154 via card or cash.
- If you cancel the Pre-Authorized amount, your Customer is entitled to pay the entire rental fee of $429 via card or cash.
1. Pre-authorize or hold payments on Orders
2. Webstore for Rentals: Setting up Online Storefront for your Business
3. Setting up a Barcode Scanner for swift POS experience
4. 5 must-have Equipment Rental Software features to harness Point of Sale
Share your rental management software experience with us!
We’d love to hear about your EZRentOut experience. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The User Community Forum is a great place to log suggestions and discuss them. Check out the features of our rental management software.