The order experience in EZRentOut is specifically designed keeping the Point of Sale in mind for our online rental software. This includes quick editing of orders, constant feedback as to what’s available, barcode scanner integration and credit card swipe.
The Credit Card Swipe is available with Square, Stripe, Braintree, Moneris, and Authorize.net.
1) INTEGRATING THE SQUARE ACCOUNT
2) SETTING UP THE HARDWARE
3) SETTING UP SQUARE POS MOBILE APPLICATION
4) CHARGING PAYMENTS AND SWIPING CARDS
5) SYNCING SQUARE PAYMENTS WITH ACCOUNTING APPLICATIONS
EZRENTOUT SUPPORTS FOLLOWING FEATURES ON SQUARE POS INTEGRATION
|Payment via Mobile App||Refund Payments||Multiple Gateways||QuickBooks Sync (Desktop and Online)||Xero Sync|
INTEGRATING THE SQUARE ACCOUNT
1) You’ll need a Square account to manage Credit Card payments via Square POS (Point of Sale). EZRentOut does not charge any commission/fee on a transaction.
2) Integrate your Square account from Your name at top right > Settings > Add Ons > Enable Payments through Credit Card > Select ‘Use Square’.
Note: If Square is enabled as your preferred payment method in EZRentOut, CC (Credit Card) payments won’t be allowed on the Webstore. Your credit card credentials won’t be saved on file as you’ll be redirected from your Square account on every transaction. You must have Square’s mobile application installed on your device to experience successful payments with Square.
Warning: To enable Square payments, you must disable payments through webstore under Store Settings > Order Settings.
3) Once you click ‘Connect with Square’, you’ll need to authenticate your Square account. This will take you to Square’s login page.
4) Once you sign in, you’ll be asked to provide a few permissions to Square. An OAuth dialog box will appear, click ‘Allow’ to continue (see image below):
5) Once you’ve allowed EZRentOut the access to your Square POS account, it will redirect you to your EZRentOut account.
6) You’ll be asked to choose the Square location where EZRentOut will process your transactions. These locations are predefined in your Square account. For example, you want ‘NYC Headquarters – Accounts’ to record all your transactions. Hit ‘Connect’.
Note: You can always change the Square location from the Add Ons Page > Enable Payment through Credit Card > Use Square > Square Location Name > Click ‘Change’.
7) Upon successful connection, you’ll be shown a message on top of the Add Ons page and the message ‘You are connected with Square’ will be visible under Enable Payments through Credit card > Use Square.
8) Once you’re all set, scroll down to the end of the settings page to click the ‘Update’ button and save the settings.
SETTING UP THE HARDWARE
If you’re looking to charge your customers remotely i.e. without an in-store credit card swipe, you can skip this section. However, if you charge your customers through an in-store credit card swipe, follow Step 3 given in the link below:
SETTING UP SQUARE POS MOBILE APPLICATION
2) Once the Square mobile app is installed, here’s what you need to do. The process is same for both iOS and Android mobile applications:
– Sign in to the account you’ve integrated with EZRentOut on the Add Ons page.
– The app will require you to enable a few device settings: Location Services, Device Storage, and Phone Access (see image below).
– On enabling Location Services, you’ll have to give the Square app access to your current location.
Note: Location must be enabled under your device’s Location Settings.
– Access permissions will also be required on enabling device storage and phone access.
3) You can now make transactions using Square mobile app on your device.
CHARGING PAYMENTS AND SWIPING CARDS
Here’s where you’ll need the EZRentOut mobile app! You’ll need it to charge credit card payments using Square POS, simplifying your rental experience with our online rental software.
1) Click on an order details page, go to the bottom and click ‘Charge Payment’.
Note: You can receive Credit Card payments via Square POS on all the orders wherever ‘Charge Payment’ is an option. Void and Completed orders are exempted.
2) The ‘Charge Payment’ overlay will appear. Choose ‘Credit Card – Square’ as your payment method. Hit ‘Update’ on the overlay. This will take you to the Square mobile app on the same device.
3) On the Square mobile app, choose ‘Credit Card’. Enter your credit card number or just swipe through the Square reader attached to your device (follow the steps given under ‘Setting up the hardware’ mentioned above in this blog).
4) Upon a successful transaction, a message will pop up. Once done, you’ll be redirected to the order detail page in EZRentOut. The order state will change accordingly. Learn More about the Order States in EZRentOut.
That’s how you can make transactions using Square in EZRentOut, the leading online rental software.
SYNCING SQUARE PAYMENTS WITH ACCOUNTING APPLICATIONS
When renting out an order, the customer is created in QuickBooks if they don’t already exist. Customer details and payments are synced whenever the relevant transactions are synced. Any payments made either in QuickBooks or EZRentOut are synced. It’s a two-way street!
All payments recorded via Square (by default, all rented out orders) can also be synced in QuickBooks under Sales > Invoices. All these payments are also synced with your Xero account if enabled.
Note: All the details (except payments) are pushed from EZRentOut to QuickBooks. Your QuickBooks transactions, customers or taxes are not pulled into EZRentOut.
SHARE YOUR POS EXPERIENCE USING ONLINE RENTAL SOFTWARE
For more assistance, drop us an email at email@example.com. You can also share your ideas on our Community Forum. Visit our knowledgebase or blog for more support posts on our equipment rental software.